Fisher has been a faculty member in the Organization Studies
Department since 1968. He teaches in the areas of organizational
behavior, organizational communication, managerial skills, and
strategic management. Before his academic career, he served as a
line officer in the U. S. Navy and as a business forecaster on
the corporate staff of R. R. Donnelley & Sons Company.
Managerial effectiveness, managerial development, the
relationship between human development in adulthood and
managerial performance, and social science research paradigms in
- Kate Walsh & Dalmar Fisher, Performance appraisal: A
potential tool for individual and organizational
development. Eastyern Acxademy of Management, 1997.
- Dalmar Fisher & William R. Torbert, Personal and
Organizational Transformations: The True Challenge of
Continual Quality Improvement (London: McGraw-Hill,
- Dalmar Fisher, Personal and organizational development:
The social science of management practice, Academy of
- Dalmar Fisher, Communication in Organizations, 2nd
edition (St.Paul, West, 1993)
- William R. Torbert & Dalmar Fisher, Autobiographical
awareness as a catalyst for managerial and organizational
development, Management Education and Development,
23, 3 (1992), 184-198
- Dalmar Fisher & William R. Torbert, Transforming
managerial practice: Beyond the Achiever stage, in R. W.
Woodman & W. R. Pasmore (eds.) Research in
Organizational Change and Development, Vol. 5
(Greenwich: CT, 1991), pp. 143-173.
- Dalmar Fisher, Keith Merron, & William R. Torbert,
Human development and managerial effectiveness. Group
& Organization Studies, 12, 3 (1987), 257-273.
- Keith Merron, Dalmar Fisher, & William R. Torbert,
Meaning making and management action. Group &
Organization Studies, 12, 3 (1987) 274-286.
- Dalmar Fisher, Questioning and management. Questioning
Exchange, 1, 3 (1987) 171-176.
- David Moment & Dalmar Fisher, Autonomy in
Organizational Life (Cambridge, MA: Schenkman, 1975)