Short Macro Course
DEFAP, Universita’ Cattolica di Milano, May 2013
Web page: https://www2.bc.edu/matteo-iacoviello/
This is a short topics course in Macro. I will cover models with financial frictions on households and models with occasionally binding constraints.
1. Solving Dynamic Equilibrium Models
* Uhlig, Harald (1997) “A Toolkit for Analyzing Nonlinear Dynamic Stochastic Models Easily''
* Schmitt-Grohe, Stephanie and Martin Uribe. “Solving Dynamic General Equilibrium Models Using a Second-Order Approximation to the Policy Function.” Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 28 (January 2004): 755-75.
* Dynare manual
2. Models with Occasionally Binding Constraints
* Guerrieri, Luca and Matteo Iacoviello (2013), “Occbin: A Toolkit to Solve Models with Occasionally Binding Constraints Easily”
3. Models with Housing and Financial Frictions
* Iacoviello, Matteo, and Stefano Neri (2010), “Housing Market Spillovers: Evidence from an Estimated DSGE Model,” AEJ Macro
* Iacoviello, Matteo (2013), “Financial Business Cycles”
* Guerrieri, Luca, and Matteo Iacoviello, (2013), “Collateral Constraints and Macroeconomic Asymmetries,”
* Iacoviello, Matteo (2005), “House Prices, Borrowing Constraints and Monetary Policy in the Business Cycle”, American Economic Review, May
* Campbell, Jeff, and Zvi Hercowitz (2006), “The Role of Collateralized Household Debt in Macroeconomic Stabilization”