Talks, Interviews & Dialogues
Selection of Recent Interviews
- On Being a Public Intellectual Dianoia Spring 2014
- Two Thinks at a Distance: An Interview with William Desmond by Richard Kearney, 9 January 2011
- Richard Kearney on Anatheism: God After God on "Entitled Opinions (about Life and Literature)" with Robert Harrison, KZSU 90.1 - Stanford University
- After Atheism: New Perspectives on God and Religion, Part 1 (CBC Radio)
- 'The God Who May Be: Richard Kearney on Narrative, Imagination and God' IDEAS, ed. David Cayley, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, Toronto, Canada, 2006
- The God Who May Be - Part 1 (CBC Radio)
- The God Who May Be - Part 2 (CBC Radio)
- The God Who May Be - Part 3 (CBC Radio)
- ‘God after God’ in With Gifted Thinkers: Conversatons with Caputo, Hart, Horner, Kearney, Keller, Rigby, Taylor, Wallace, Westphal, ed Mark Manolopoulos, New York and Oxford: Europaische Hochshulschriften, Reihe 23: Theology, 2009
- 'Kearney's Choice' in Boston College Magazine, by William Bole, Vol. 68 No. 1, Winter 2008
- "The God Who May Be: Richard Kearney on Narrative, Imagination and God" (Transcription) IDEAS, ed. David Cayley, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, Toronto, Canada, 2006
- “Quebec a Nation? Call an Expert,” interview by Laura Drake with R. Kearney in The Tyee, November 28, 2006
- 'Philosophy at the Limits of Reason Alone' in Leuven Graduate Philosophy Journal, edited Renee Ryan, KULeuven Press, 2006
- 'An Interview with Richard Kearney: Facing God' by Liam Kavanagh, in Journal of Philosophy and Scripture, Issue 1-2, ed. John Caputo, 2004
- 'A Conversation with Richard Kearney' (with Felix O'Murchadha) in Symposium: Canadian Journal of Continental Philosophy, vol. 8, no 3, Fall, 2004
- 'Thinking at the Limits: A Dialogue with Jacques Derrida' in Philosophy Today, vol. 48, no 1, 2004
Audio-visual Productions and Publications
Produced or co-produced the following Guestbook documentaries: Imagining the Stranger (2009), Reconciling Strangers (2010), Welcoming the Stranger: Bangalore (2010), At the edge of the World:Skellig Islands (2010), Facing Strangers Across the Divide: Mitrovica (2011), Beyond the Walls: Derry/ Londonderry(2011), Crosstalk: Jerusalem (2011) and Songs of Sacred Eros (2008). All viewable at www.guestbookproject.com.
Wrote and co-presented five Television series and four radio series for Irish, British and French broadcasting companies (RTE, BBC, FRANCE CULTURE). For details see under Public Intellectual Activities in CV.
Wrote and co-directed (with Michael Kearney) a short film entitled, The Dance , which was awarded first prize for best first short at the International Film Festival in Cork, Ireland, 1974.
Wrote and presented a DVD entitled, Strangers, Aliens and Monsters (2001), co- produced by Boston College, Irish Film School (UCD), Lancaster University (AV and Politics), Leuven, Belgium (Philosophy), The American College of Greece and the European University Institute (Florence). The 80 minute documentary also features interviews by the author with Paul Ricoeur, Julia Kristeva, Umberto Eco and Charles Taylor. It has been screened in eight countries to date and is the centerpiece of an International Intervarsity Seminar involving six Universities in North America and Europe.
Wrote and presented five CD’s:
- Ideas: The God Who May Be, Edited and Produced by David Cayley, CBC, Canada, 2006
- Imagination Now, American College of Greece, Athens, 2005
- Desire: between Good and Evil, WBUR, Boston, 2005
- Empathic Imagination: The Importance of Being Elsewhere, Palais des Congrès , Montreal, 2004
- Narrative Medicine, Palais de Congrès, Montreal, 2004
Wrote a screenplay entitled Once Upon a Story (two hour documentary to be directed by Terre Nash and produced by Richard Elson, Imageries Productions, Montreal)