- Promoted to Senior Portfolio Manager from Portfolio Manager, July 2002.
- Promoted to Portfolio Manager from Financial Analyst, November 1999.
- Worked with team to oversee a commercial loan portfolio. Managed portfolio with $325 million in commitments. Worked closely with team to structure, approve, and monitor loans. Customer base comprised 15 Middle Market companies (defined by sales size of $50 million- $500 million). Clients included both private and public companies, in a variety of industries from restaurants to manufacturing.
- Assisted in coordinating credit approval on four Agented facilities, including two syndicated credits and two “club” deals, and have worked with bank groups ranging from 2 to 9 participants.
- Assisted in generating over $680,000 in fee income during 2002, primarily related to derivative sales and restructuring credit facilities.
- Structuring: Determined credit structures and evaluated credit risk. Interpreted financial information, reviewed projections, and prepared sensitized models to assess customers’ ability to meet debt service requirements. Determined expected profitability based on deal terms, collateral, and risk profile.
- Approval: Prepared independent credit analyses. Consulted with the bank’s outside legal counsel to verify that terms and conditions were clearly stated in Loan Agreements.
- Monitoring: Ensured ongoing soundness of the portfolio through diligent analysis of financial performance, including the review of covenant compliance and borrowing base certificates, and ordering supplemental data as necessary (e.g. appraisals, field exams, environmental reports, etc.). Ensured continued compliance with Fleet’s policies and procedures, as well as standards required by regulatory agencies.
- Other responsibilities included supervising and training one Financial Analyst, responding to customer inquiries, and maintaining communication among several banking functions (e.g. Trade Services, Cash Management, Fixed Income, Derivative Sales, etc.).