My Favorite Cookie Recipes
Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Melt butter and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, molasses and egg.
- Beat with an electric mixer for about 20 seconds or until well blended.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until fully blended.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 3 hours to firm.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Put granulated sugar in a bowl.
- Pinch off rounded teaspoon-sized pieces of dough and roll into a 1½" ball. Toss in a bowl of granulated sugar to coat.
- Place the balls 3" apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13 to 14 minutes.