MB875 Fall 2009
MB 313 Fall 2010
MB145 Spring 2008
MB127 Spring 2009
Bill Stevenson is an associate professor in the
Organization Studies Department at Boston College. He conducts research
on organizational design and networks of communication and influence within
and between organizations. He is currently conducting research on
how boards of directors make decisions, and how interest groups form networks
to conduct environmental policy.
His recent publications and presentations include (All papers are in
Adobe Acrobat pdf files. If you need to download a free reader go here.)
- William Stevenson and Robert F. Radin. Social Capital and Social Influence
on the Board of Directors. Journal of Management Studies, (2009), 46(1):16-44.
- Robert Radin and William Stevenson. Comparing Mutual Fund Governance
and Corporate Governance. Corporate Governance: An International Review,
(2006), 14(5): 367-376.
- Jordi Trullen and William Stevenson. Strategy and Legitimacy: Pharmaceutical
Companies’ Reaction to the HIV Crisis. Business and Society, (2006),
- Guest Editor of the Journal of Applied Behavioral Science Special
Issue: Planned Organizational Change and Organizational Networks, (2003),
39, Table of Contents.
- The Front Stage and Backstage of Organizational Change: Formal Change
and Network Change (with Jean M. Bartunek and Stephen P. Borgatti) Journal
of Applied Behavioral Science, (2003), 39(3): 243-258.
- Nationality, Cultural Distance, and Expatriate Status: Effects on
the Managerial Network in a Multinational Enterprise (with Ivan M. Manev)
Journal of International Business Studies, (2001), 32(2): 285-303.
- Balancing Ties: Boundary Spanning and Influence in the Organization's
Extended Network of Communication (with Ivan M. Manev) Journal of Business
Communication, (2001), 38(2) :183-205.
- Agency and Social Networks: Strategies of Action in a Social Structure
of Position, Opposition and Opportunity (with Danna Greenberg) Administrative
Science Quarterly, (2000), 45(4) :651-678.
This page last