In the Media:
Television and Radio
- Brad Harrington spoke about the Changing role of fathers on Fox 25's Work-Life Wednesday segment. (June 10, 2013).
- Boo! to Yahoo! no-telecommuting edict: Brad Harrington joined NECN to comment on the decision by the Yahoo! CEO to end working from home for all employees. (February 26, 2013).
- Brad Harrington spoke about Changing gender roles on Fox 25's Work-Life Wednesday segment. (October 10, 2012).
- Brad Harrington spoke about the Changing role of dads on Fox 25's Work-Life Wednesday segment. (June 13, 2012).
- Fox 25 News invited Brad to comment on Managing your career on their Work-Life Wednesday segment. (January 11, 2012).
- The Time Magazine cover story "Chore Wars" highlights data that says men are doing more paid work and women are doing more unpaid work - but at the end of the day, they've put in around the same number of hours. Brad Harrington and NYU Professor of Sociology Kathleen Gerson, author of The Unfinished Revolution: Coming of Age in a New Era of Gender, Work and Family, were expert commentators on Minnesota Public Radio's Midmorning show with host Kerry Miller. (August 10, 2011).
- Chore Wars: Brad Harrington was interviewed on Fox 25 News during Work-Life Wednesdays to discuss the data used in Time Magazine's "Chore Wars." (August 10, 2011).
- Brad Harrington shared the results of The New Dad: Caring, Committed and Conflicted, the Center for Work & Family’s latest quantitative study on the status of fathers in America on CNN American Morning. (June 30, 2011).
- Modern fathers face new expectations: Brad Harrington is quoted on fathers' legitimacy in the home in this CNN artictle. (June 16, 2013).
- Stay-at-home dads are satisfied with their choice: Brad Harrington was intervied for this boston.com article about the ultimate satisfaction stay-at-home dads had with their choice, despite obstacles in their way. (June 17, 2012).
- Dads cherish their choice to stay home: Brad Harrington is quoted in this Worcester Telegraph article on how men feel about being stay at home dads. (June 17, 2012).
- Brad Harrington's study, The New Dad: Right at Home, is cited in a Miami Herald article about a stay-at-home dad. (June 16, 2012).
- Brad Harrington is quoted in a Time Healthland article about the pride that stay-at-home dads have in what they do. (June 15, 2012).
- Brad Harrington is quoted in MSNBC's article about the stuggle to "have it all." (June 13, 2012)
- The Daddy Track: In this Huffington Post article, Brad Harrington is quoted on the position of the modern father in society. (June 12, 2012).
- In the Balance: Brad Harrington joins the discussion on work-family balance in this New York Life article. (May 30, 2012).
- Brad Harrington is quoted in Time Magazine's cover story Chore Wars. (August 8, 2011).
- An in-depth interview with Brad Harrington on The New Dad: Caring, Committed and Conflicted was published in the The New York Post. (June 27, 2011).
- Fortune interviewed Dr. Brad Harrington for their look at The Changing Face of the American Working Dad. (June 17, 2011).
- Dr. Harrington was interviewed for Working Dads' Top Priority is Giving Family Love in Reuters News Service. (June 15, 2011).
- Results of the Center for Work & Family’s recent study on fathers which was led by Dr. Brad Harrington, were discussed in the New York Times piece, Fathers More Active, and More Absent by columnist Lisa Belkin. (June 11, 2011).
Columns, Op-Eds, and Blogs
- What Are Fathers For? Dr. Harrington took part in the New York Times' discussion of the function of fathers in the family. (June 3, 2013).
- Let Your Life Speak: Dr. Harrington wrote this column for the Huffington Post on knowing yourself and finding internal sources of fulfillment. (May 21, 2013).
- The Boston Marathon: Clinging to a Lifelong Love: Brad Harrington wrote this reflection piece for the Huffington Post on the Boston Marathon bombing. (April 16, 2013).
- Live YOUR Life: Dr. Harrington wrote about finding and following your life's calling in this Huffington Post column. (April 4, 2013).
- Searching for Stability in Changing Times: Dr. Harrington wrote this opinion piece for the Huffington Post on the rapidly changing world and the decision of the Yahoo! CEO to end working-from-home arrangements in the company. (March 4, 2013).
- Front-lines and Sidelines: Time to Let Go of Gender Stereotypes: Brad Harrington wrote this piece for the Huffington Post on women in the military and the portrayal of men in advertisements. (January 28, 2013).
- Dickens' Enduring Lessons: Brad Harrington wrote this column for the Huffington Post on the lessons that can be taken for Dickens' A Christmas Carol. (November 30, 2012).
- The Masculine Critique: Brad Harrington wrote this column for the Huffington Post on the rise of a new version of masculinity. (October 8, 2012).
- Having It All: The Last Word: Dr. Harrington wrote about redefining our ideas of success and "having it all" in this Huffington Post piece. (August 17, 2012).
Center for Work & Family