Cognitive Approaches to Figurative Language
a special issue of Style
Volume 36, number 3
Don Hardy, special issue editor
Alan Richardson, "Apostrophe in Life and in Romantic Art: Everyday Discourse, Overhearing, and Poetic Address"
- Gerard Steen, "Identifying Metaphor in Language: A Cognitive Approach"
- Craig A. Hamilton, "Mapping the Mind and the Body: On W.H. Auden's Personifications"
- Chanita Goodblatt and Joseph Glicksohn, "Metaphor Comprehension as Problem Solving: An Online Study of the Reading Process"
- Jim Swan, "'Life without Parole': Metaphor and Discursive Commitment"
- Margaret H. Freeman, "Cognitive Mapping in Literary Analysis"
- Patrick Colm Hogan, "A Minimal, Lexicalist/Constituent Transfer Account of Metaphor"
- Michael Sinding, "Assembling Spaces: The Conceptual Structure of Allegory"
- Raymond W. Gibbs, Jr., and Nicole L. Wilson, "Bodily Action and Metaphorical Meaning"
- Dylan Glynn, "LOVE and ANGER: The Grammatical Structure of Conceptual Metaphors"