(Invited publications including surveys and publications in proceedings are here
Course Bidding at Business Schools (with Tayfun Sönmez),
International Economic Review, (February 2010), 51 (1)
Dynamic Kidney Exchange,
Review of Economic Studies, (January 2010) 77 (1): 372-414
Ideology and Existence of 50%-Majority Equilibria in Multidimensional Spatial Voting Models
Journal of Theoretical Politics (2010) 22: 431:444 (with Herve Cres).
A Non-simultaneous Extended Altruistic Donor Chain, (with Michael Rees et al.) The New England Journal of Medicine, (March 2009) 360 (11): 1096-1101
Improving the Efficiency of Course Bidding at Business Schools: Field and
Laboratory Studies (with Aradhna Krishna),
Marketing Science, (March/April, 2008) 27: 262-282.
Internet Auctions with Artificial Adaptive Agents: A Study on Market Design
(with John Duffy), Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, (August 2008) 67 (2): 394-417.
Random Paths to Pairwise Stability in Many-to-Many Matching Problems:
A Study on Market Equilibration (with Fuhito Kojima),
International Journal of Game Theory, (March, 2008) 36(3-4): 473-488 in the Special Issue Honoring David Gale"s 85th Birthday.
Unraveling Yields Inefficient Matching: Evidence from Post-Season College Football Bowls (with Guillaume Frechette and Alvin E. Roth), RAND Journal of Economics, (Winter, 2007) 38(4): 967-982.
Efficient Kidney Exchange:
Coincidence of Wants in Markets with Compatibility-Based Preferences (with Tayfun Sönmez and
Alvin E. Roth) American Economic Review, (June, 2007) 97(3): 828-851.
Equilibrium Selection and the Role of Information in Repeated Matching Markets (with
Ernan Haruvy), Economics Letters, (February, 2007) 94: 284-289.
Utilizing List Exchange and Non-directed Donation through "Chain" Paired Kidney Donations
(with Alvin E. Roth, Tayfun Sönmez, Francis L. Delmonico and
Susan L. Saidman), American Journal of Transplantation, (November, 2006) 6: 2694-2705.
Games of Capacity Manipulation in Hospital-Intern Markets (with Hideo Konishi),
Social Choice and Welfare,(August, 2006) 27: 3-24.
Credible Group Stability in Many-to-Many Matching Problems (with
Hideo Konishi), Journal of Economic Theory, (July, 2006) 129: 57-80.
Asset Price Bubbles and Crashes with Near-Zero-Intelligence Traders (with John Duffy),
Economic Theory, (April, 2006) 27: 537-563.
The Dynamics of Law Clerk Matching: An Experimental and
Computational Investigation of Proposals for Reform of the Market (with Ernan Haruvy and Alvin E. Roth), Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, (March,2006) 30: 457-486.
Increasing the Opportunity of Live Kidney Donation By Matching for Two and Three Way Exchanges (with Susan Saidman, Alvin E. Roth, Tayfun Sönmez, and Francis L. Delmonico), Transplantation, (March, 2006) 81: 773-782.
Pairwise Kidney Exchange (with Alvin E. Roth and Tayfun Sönmez),
Journal of Economic Theory, (December, 2005) 125: 151-188.
House Allocation with Existing Tenants: An Equivalence (with Tayfun Sönmez),
Games and Economic Behavior, (July, 2005) 52: 153-185.
On the Survival of Some Unstable Two-Sided Matching Mechanisms,
International Journal of Game Theory, (June, 2005) 33: 239-254.
Kidney Exchange (with Alvin E. Roth and Tayfun Sönmez) Quarterly Journal of Economics, (May, 2004) 119: 457-488.
Room Assignment-Rent Division: A Market Approach
(with Atila Abdulkadiroglu and Tayfun Sönmez), Social Choice and Welfare, (June, 2004) 22: 515-538.
On Determination of Optimal Reserve Prices in Auctions with Common Knowledge about the Ranking of Valuations (with Alexander Elbittar), Murat R. Sertel and Semih Koray (Eds.) Advances in Economic Design, Springer- Verlag Berlin (2003) 79 - 94. [refereed]
Backward Unraveling over Time: The Evolution of
Strategic Behavior in the Entry-Level British Medical Labor Markets, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, (June, 2001) 25: 1039-1080.
A Theory of School-Choice Lotteries (with Onur Kesten) Theoretical Economics, forthcoming.
- Kidney Exchange and the Alliance for Paired Donation:
Operations Research Changes the Way Kidneys are Transplanted (with Ross Anderson, Itai Ashlagi, David Gamarnik, Michael Rees, Alvin E. Roth, Tayfun Sönmez,
Interfaces, (Jan.-Feb., 2015) 45(1):24-42
- Altruistically Unbalanced Kidney Exchange (with Tayfun Sönmez) Journal of Economic Theory, (July 2014) 152: 105-129.
- The "Boston" School-Choice Mechanism: An Axiomatic Approach. (with Fuhito Kojima) Economic Theory, (Apr., 2014), 55(3): 515-544
- Two Axiomatic Approaches to the Probabilistic Serial Mechanism. (with Tadashi Hashimoto, Daisuke Hirata, Onur Kesten,
Morimitsu Kurino) Theoretical Economics, (Feb., 2014) 9: 253-277
- Unraveling Results from Comparable Demand and Supply: An Experimental Investigation (with Alvin E. Roth and Muriel Niederle)
Games (Special Issue in Matching) (2013), 4(2), 243-282
- House Allocation with Existing Tenants: A Characterization (with Tayfun Sönmez)
Games and Economic Behavior, (July, 2010) 69(2): 425-445
- Market Design for Kidney Exchange (with Tayfun Sönmez) Z. Neeman, A.E. Roth, N. Vulkan (eds.) The Handbook of Market Design, The United Kingdom: Oxford University Press, (October, 2013) 93-137
- Matching, Allocation, and Exchange of Discrete Resources
(with Tayfun Sönmez), J. Benhabib, A. Bisin, and M. Jackson (eds.), Handbook of Social Economics, Vol. 1A. The Netherlands: North-Holland, (2011) 781-852
- A Kidney Exchange Clearinghouse in New England (with Alvin E. Roth and Tayfun Sönmez), American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings, (May, 2005) 95(2): 376-380.
- Kidney Paired Donation with Compatible Pairs (with Alvin E. Roth and Tayfun Sönmez), American Journal of Transplantation, (2007) 7: 1